Saturday, July 10, 2010

Colorful Veggie Pasta

Hello, M of C readers! At long last, I return to the world of blogging. In the time since I last posted, changes have arrived in my food life: namely, I have declared vegetarianism! This both expands and complicates my eating habits. On the one hand, I search out more interesting choices and recipes; on the other, it can be very difficult to find such choices/recipes. For your non-meat-eating pleasure, I present Colorful Veggie Pasta. This was a hit with the carnivores, as well.

Ingredients;
1 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
1 medium-large red pepper
large handful uncooked spaghetti noodles + water for boiling
olive oil
Italian seasoning (basil, rosemary, oregano) to taste
3/4 cup or to taste shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese (could probably substitute grated Parmesan)

Instructions:
Boil water for pasta; add pasta when water reaches rolling boil. (You may want to add a little oil to the edge of the water to keep it from boiling over.)
Meantime, cut up vegetables into roughly quarter-size pieces. Sautee in saucepan with a little olive oil until tender (I like them to still have just the tiniest bit of crunch).
Drain and rinse cooked pasta. Add vegetables, Italian seasoning and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
Serve warm.

--K

No comments: