Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Citrus-ade

Lemonade--but with limes and oranges! So refreshing in the summer!

6 lemons
5 limes
5 oranges (unless they are very large; adjust numbers according to taste)
4 c. water
2-2 1/2 c. sugar (to taste)

Squeeze the juice from oranges, limes, and 5 lemons. Remove any seeds. (Do not strain out pulp, unless you don't like it; in which case you might as well buy powdered "lemonade" from the store.) Add water; stir in sugar to taste until it dissolves. Chill and/or serve over ice. Slice remaining lemon; garnish each glass with a lemon wedge.
Makes approximately 6 servings; maybe 7-8 depending on glass size.

Editor's note: I used only 3 oranges, because they were enormous. Again, all amounts may be adjusted according to your tastes.

5 comments:

Preciosa said...

I still cringe at the thought of the sourness of that lemon. But I think if it weren't for that and the pulp I might have actually liked this stuff...

Morsels of Chocolate said...

Please re-read my post: If you don't like pulp, buy powdered "lemonade" from the store. I'm sure you could find powdered "limeade" and powdered "orange juice" as well. Gross!

Preciosa said...

hey you're the one that made me have it with the pulp because you didn't strain it! And actually I think that powdered lemonade is good! never had powdered limeade or powdered orange juice...they might be good.

Morsels of Chocolate said...

Yes: there was a bit too much pulp, I suppose. But pulp is half the fun of fresh-squeezed. ;)
~H

Preciosa said...

YUCK! How is pulp half the fun? Is the other half the cramp in your hand after squeezing all the fruit?