Friday, June 9, 2017

Bubble Pizza



Bubble pizza is quite possibly my favorite meal.  It was certainly one of my favorites when I lived with my aunt and uncle and she cooked dinner every night!  I slightly modified the recipe, especially since I'm cooking for two instead of seven.  (In the past I've also substituted chicken and Alfredo sauce for their red counterparts in this recipe, and added spinach--much like my Deluxe Chicken Alfredo Pizza.)

I don't have pictures of the beef cooking, because I had already cooked it, frozen it, and thawed it the day I took these pictures.  Also not pictured: preheating the oven and greasing the pan.

Start with biscuits--if you're making this for seven people, use two cans.



Cut them in quarters:


Arrange in the pan:


Spread sauce and beef mixture over the top:



Bake a while, then top with cheeses + Parsley.





Bake some more, then let it rest.



Serve with salad and enjoy!



Bubble Pizza
½ lb ground beef or sausage
½ green pepper, diced
Diced onion
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1 can buttermilk biscuits
1 c. Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Parsley

Brown meat with pepper and onion (I like to cook a full pound and freeze half). Stir in tomato sauce. Quarter biscuits; place in greased 11”x7” baking dish. Top with sauce mixture. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes; top with cheeses and parsley and bake 5-10 minutes longer (until cheese has melted). Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Double all amounts to use a 9x13.

Freezer meal idea: brown meat and divide between two quart bags. Add a can of tomato sauce to each bag; mix carefully. Measure cheese into a separate bag; freeze together in larger bag (or label carefully). On serving day, thaw meat and cheese and continue as directed.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Loved it!

Morsels of Chocolate said...

We're so glad! Thank you for stopping by.

~H