Sunday, July 10, 2016

Brownie Mix

Long ago, I decided that it was time to make my own brownie mix (I've had these pictures for at least a year).  Then, a friend gave me a jar as a wedding shower gift!  I think her recipe is slightly different from mine, but the jar is cute so I'm including pictures of it. 


It's super easy to whip up a few of these at a time, and then I have mix on hand when I need it--and it's so customizable!



I wrote the ingredients on the bottom of my jar, so that I can reuse it.

Brownie Mix

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. cocoa powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. chocolate chips or other add-ins (nuts, chocolate candy, etc...)

Place all ingredients in a wide-mouthed quart jar.  Whether you stir or layer is up to you.  The strata look is fun if you're giving these as gifts.  ☺   

To prepare brownies, add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; bake in a greased 9"x9" pan at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.




No comments: