Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Cake





Unsure what to do with all the zucchini from your garden/your neighbors' gardens/your friends' gardens/your enemies' gardens?  Try this moist and delicious cake! 

½ c. butter
½ c. oil
1¾ c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
½ c. buttermilk or sour milk
2½ c. flour
¼ c. cocoa powder
½ t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
½ t. cinnamon
½ t. cloves
2 c. grated zucchini
½ c. chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter, oil, and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat well. Sift dry ingredients; beat into butter mixture. Stir in zucchini. Pour into 9”x13” pan and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes. (This makes a tender, moist cake that needs no frosting because of the chocolate chips.)

Pre-baking
Post-baking

4 comments:

Preciosa said...

Are you sure you want to be eating zucchini from your enemie's garden?

Morsels of Chocolate said...

A wise question. I shall reconsider.

Morsels of Chocolate said...

Editor's note: When I originally posted this recipe, I made a mistake. The recipe calls for 1/2 c. chocolate chips; I had typed 1/2 t. I am sorry for any confusion that may have ensued. ~H

Morsels of Chocolate said...

I would also add that I have made this cake with cucumber instead of zucchini (because I didn't know the difference) and it was delicious! =) ~H